Founded in 1955 by concerned members of Ottawa's Jewish community and incorporated in 1957, the Lodge officially opened its doors with 29 beds in 1965. The fully-wheelchair accessible Abraham and Dora Lithwick Chapel was constructed in 1975, allowing us to provide onsite religious services. In 1998, we changed our name to The Bess and Moe Greenberg Family Hillel Lodge, and in 2000, we moved to our current facility, the Joseph and Inez Zelikovitz Long-Term Care Centre. In December 2011, the Lodge expanded by 21 beds making the total bed complement 121 long term care beds. Our location, on the thriving 13-acre Jewish Community Campus, allows us to provide a wide range of programming to the community.